Sunday, November 21, 2010

Italian Lentil Salad

This is one of my new favorite recipes.  As many of you may know I have been trying to get my family off of processed foods, step one in a long progression that will hopefully end us up at eating RAW.  Which means no animal products at all and no cooking (or atleast nothing heated over 110 degrees).  I know this sounds extreme but I will post something food related each week to help educate my fellow readers.

Back to the recipe... my husband came home from work the other day after having watched the Food Network on his lunch break.  He watched Everyday Italian and saw this recipe fro Italian Lentil Salad.



Click here for the link to the recipe.  It is the most delicious and easy recipe in the world.  It only takes cooking the lentils and chopping a few veggies.  The cucumbers and grapes are the big surprise to me.  I would recommend making a bit more dressing then asked for but that is just me.

If you want more information on eating RAW you can watch great documentaries like Simply Raw & Food Matters (my favorite).  My goal is to make things from scratch and no more boxed or processed foods.  So far we are doing great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...